I’m not a foot person, I keep my tootsies hidden most of the time and don’t like other peoples feet. I had to get over that if I wanted to provide any kind of foot massage and luckily I have.
As with all the treatments, I received the Thai foot massage as part of my training. I thought I would be ticklish and end up kicking the therapist, but I didn’t and quickly relaxed into the treatment.
Thai foot massage uses Thai foot sticks to stimulate reflex points and includes a therapeutic massage to the legs and feet
This traditional technique dates back over 2000 years and is still practiced by Buddhist monks today.
Working on ‘Sen’ lines from the Ayurvedic tradition, reflex points are stimulated using the stick.
The Benefits of a Thai Foot Massage?
- It improves circulation in legs and feet
- It stimulates lymphatic drainage
- It helps remove toxins
- It helps boost the immune system
- It increases oxygen to the feet and legs
- Reduces stiffness and improves flexibility
Other Benefits Include
- Detoxification and strengthening of the immune system, thus preventing disease
- Acceleration of physical healing
- Deals with stress
- Help with insomnia
- Mental tiredness
Blyth Northumberland, Holistic Massage, back massage, massage therapist, full body massage, ear candling, foot massage, thai foot massage